View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Kllr Ryd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Retail Car Wash - good idea or bad idea?

New member - 1st post!

So I took my Camaro to a car wash business this morning and I think I got talked into getting stuff done that I don't need, like: Hand Wax after the wash and Leather Protectant put on the seats as well as other "stuff" put on the dash. The car is only 2 weeks old and until this morning was stellar.

When I got back in the car, it looked like they had smeared Armor All all over the interior. It was greasy and slippery and kinda gross looking. The nice leather look now appears very shiny and plastic looking. I was really annoyed and asked them to wipe it off. The manager said this would keep the leather from cracking. I said, this car is going to be garaged day/night and only be out in the sun during driving time so I wasn't too concerned with the leather cracking. And it's brand new, not even 300 miles on it yet. Why would I need all this stuff smeared all over my car? My car did have the "new car" smell. Now it smells like the horrible product they put on it. He says it would dry in an hour and not be greasy anymore. I went down to look at my car 4 hours later and it is still greasy looking.

Is this a good idea to have this type of "detail work" done or did this guy just ruin my interior? I really hate the Armor All look and especially the feel of it. Should I get soap/water and try to wash it off or will this stuff sort of dissipate and go back to looking normal?

Has anybody else had this done to their car?
Kllr Ryd is offline   Reply With Quote