View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 01:43 AM   #2
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I remember Justice Pete (former suspension guru on this site) saying the rear bar is most important for good handling and a neutral car. These cars have a ton of understeer built in from the factory (for liability reasons) so just upgrading the rear bar to the largest you can find will be good enough. The stock skinny front bar will be fine.

On mine, I upgraded to a Hotchkis F&R bar setup with an adjustable rear bar set to the maximum setting. It's not quite as neutral as with the smaller front bar, but I really like it. There's absolutely no lean in turns and it feels very solid at higher speeds.

Of course, this doesn't help you since you want to go with a ZL1 bar setup. However, for the money you're going to spend on a stock ZL1 rear bar, I'd get an adjustable aftermarket rear bar instead. That will make the car feel very stable in handling and I think you will like it a lot.

I went with a big bar in the front because I liked the feel. It reminds me of the Z51 equipped C4's I used to drive. You can also go to a big bar in the front like I did and I think you will like it as well. I wouldn't invest any money on the stock ZL1 stuff especially the rear bar. At the very least, get an adjustable aftermarket rear sway bar and endlinks. That way, you can dial in the handling to your specs on your staggered setup.

Just my $.02.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote