View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #55
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
I say this because when the Z/28 was announced it seems like everyone who did not own a ZL1 was quick to say how the ZL1 was no longer the top dog Camaro. They seemed to almost be happy that those of us who did decide to buy a ZL1 where some how or in some way wishing we had waited or something to that extent. I posted this because the more I read about the Z/28 the happier I am with my choice of a more well rounded car in the ZL1. Period. No stab at the Z/28. No stab at 1LE, SS, RS or any other Camaro owner. It is how I feel about the "perceived" competition within the family that I think is ridiculous.

By the way, if you feel compelled to post how much you love you SS in this or any other section, please do. I would be proud to own one as well
I cannot stand unproven inclusiveness. "You always, you never, everyone does, everyone doesn't." Not "everyone"...probably very, very few. And I doubt you heard that from any of the Z/28 faithful's (self included). If you read through some of the older Z/28 threads you'll see why we wanted what came to be the Z/28 and didn't feel the ZL1 fit our needs or the name Z/28.

BTW, I've said it over and over and over again, the ZL1 is a great car.