Thread: 1LE Help...
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAc View Post
Where do you get that 42k from? Invoice on the car is 44,311 and through another website I found the holdback amount to be 1,106. So you're saying I need to focus more on the price before discounts? I didn't think they negotiated lower than the supplier price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't hurt to try. The dealer is making more money than just holdback. There are dealer incentives, dealer prep fees, profit on destination charges, finance charges, etc. I would get a feel for how low they would go before bringing up $4k in rebates that you have in your back pocket. If you currently lease a car with another company they will give you another $500 discount.

I bought my 2013 1LE last during end of year when all the incentives were available. $2k plus $500 for competitive lease. I had negotiated the price down to where I was happy only to find out that if I wanted to lease the car then the $2k incentive was not available. Well, I was gonna walk if that was the case and then magically the price was offered.

All I am saying is if you have the time and patience to negotiate then have fun with it. Everyone has a pain threshold at the dealer and most just give up and pay to get out of there and that is what most dealers are hoping for.

Either way, with all those earned up incentives you are getting a great price on the car. One thing to consider is the RS package on a 1le. It is basically $1350 for halos. The RS package on other models changes out your wheels, which makes it a better value. Personally, I would save the $1350 for set of tires, which unfortunately don't last very long. Maybe 10k miles or so on the 1le.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote