View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #273
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015_1LE_soon View Post
I had this issue from my DRIVE HOME with 13KM on the dash. It's 100% A DEFECT, and not an issue that develops over time. I can say this with certainty, because after I changed the strut, there has been no issue for over 10,000KM... It's totally a defect, and thankfully, a forum like this exists.
I do hope that you are right, in assuming that your case scenario, applies 100% to all of the other cases. Your case is quite clear cut, which is goooood.

What do I mean by this?

It still bothers me, that a few, including myself, only observe this "bang over bump" noise phenomenon, over certain bumps, and more often than not, will never experience it at all.

In my case, there is but one bump, that just 1 bump within a 50mile radius of here, where this will occur. It's not even that huge this bump. It's located on a bridge, I THINK it's called an expansion joint, but I'm no expert.

Prime conditions are a warm or hot day, and any speed over 95km/h. This will trigger the embarrassing-enough bang, where any passenger will slightly raise their eyebrow, and look at me.

No other bump will trigger this. Not even our infamous Montreal potholes, which I find very strange..The 1LE with it's 20inch mags, is one of the better riding sports cars all considered...

For this reason I ask, is my case(and others as well who share this) a different one altogether? I mean, is it normal? The dealer seems think so. It's the nature of the beast they said, the "sport" suspension that is.

Or do some of us belong in some sort of grey, the "almost broken but not quite there yet" zone"???

I'm perplexed on this one.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote