View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #100
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midblues View Post
Actually no you dont have to be deliberate to activate it just get on it and go above the set rpm and its on. Sorry should be an option to disable it. Its annoying when you dont want to use it and just have some spirited driving. Thanks anyhow I just figured I would ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So how do you know it's activated other than reading this thread?

How does it in any way affect the way your spirited driving?

Since you are shifting by lifting off the gas pedal it's completely deactivated which is the old school way of doing it so I can't even remotely think of how this is an issue.

Maybe check out the section on skip-shift.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what he's doing & why NLS is a problem for him. It activates when you've got the gas floored and shift above 5k (4400 for I4/V6). The No Lift Shift pretty much just keeps the car happy when you're powershifting. Not really sure what his issue with that is. And if he isn't trying to powershift ... its not doing anything.

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote