View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 04:26 PM   #57
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkeen View Post
Hi all , I got real curious after seeing all of this ,as I installed the Smith Brothers bushing kit in my 416 stroker. So I pulled them and cked them out ,all were worn even with about .012 wear groove at the bottom with very noticeable wobble, and I have less than 5000 mi on the build. No visible metallic in the oil , trunions were just starting to show wear .
That's not acceptable to me ,so I went with the BTR's TK002 kit that has the bearing steel sleeves pressed on with oil feed holes and the big side washers . This looks like a good set up, we will see.
Well crap man! I guess I really need to get mine to the shop and get the Smith's out for a look see and replacement, since I have 27k on mine!! I haven't been driving my Camaro much since the gas is so high, and I do like to cruise around a bit, but damn it is expensive, so she has been covered up and only goes to local shows and back home. Guess I better get on the ball and get them swapped out.