View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #63
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek View Post
I think you misunderstood me as you seem to be defending yourself. My question was "what wheel size do you recommend", not "why did you say the camaro has SUV wheels, dude"

So, my point being, for best performance, what wheel size do you recommend on the Camaro, lol.

I believe you stated 19" x 10.5" on all four... Sounds good. What tire size? And does your wheel package increase the front track by wheel width, different offset, or both?

If you get a net increase if 1.5" front track with your wheels... what is the stock difference in track with the stock wheels? As in how close were you able to get it to zero, to fix the heavy understeer issues...
Everyone's car will be setup differently. For best performance, the Lightest, widest wheel/tire combo that fits your car with the best performance tire that you can afford.

Your question is a loaded question. 18's would have the best performance, but they are going to look stupid with low profile tires and the huge wheel well.

The BEST rim would be a Carbon Fiber rim that weighs 17-18 pounds. They cost about $3000.00 a piece. you can get them built to your spec's.
Too expensive for me, though.

Pete balanced all aspects of unsprung weight, tires that are available, looks, and dimensions, and chose what HE thought was the best combo for his car. Like I said, Everyone's car will be setup differently.

I am going to follow Pete's tire choice. Bridgestone RE-11 in 305/35/19 size. I will have the same rim width (10.5 inches) and height (19") but probably a different rim style.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote