View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #45
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
you do realize that I'm telling you to install them yourself right?

and if the Jegs cutouts fit and work and you have them in your possession now and don't have to wait 3 weeks to get them... don't you think its the perfect way to go?
I don't have a welder?

Or the ability to weld for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L82RUN View Post
Yeah, its an LS3. The best pic of the cutouts is on the streetfire link. At 45 secs into the video it shows a good view of the cutouts and how they are installed.
Ok. I'll check it out. I only wathced the begging and end. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm not sure where you got that idea...

I had LTs on the car when the cutouts were on it.

The pic I shared with you is NOT my car. It's Ben's car with my old exhaust (with cutouts) on it.

The cutouts just replace the section with the cats.

BTW, I can almost guarantee those Noweeds will "fit" your car, but your lowered car with auto tranny will mean they'll give you clearance issues. I think I'm done beating this into the ground. Does Bonnie ever refer to you as being stubborn? Just curious. I really hope they Noweeds work for you.
Right. It came off your car. Borla headers go all the way back where cat's would be. So Borla headers collectors go back much further than other headers. Because I know that system was on your car, then I kow you couldn't have had Borla headers. And so I know my collectors came back much further than yours did.

Basically, Borla headers take up the space where the cats would be by sending the primaries back further. And so the collector is back about 8 inches further.