View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #117
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADNESS View Post
Ive seen 2010 wrx sti's bone stock hit high 12s, 2011 Mustang GT'S ,2010 GT'S with a set of slicks with stock 3.73 gears, maybe your right not a whole lot. But just being honest. Theres a host of cars that can be had cheaper and modded cheaper and put up the same figures. Just being realistic. Not that i'd trade my Camaro for any of them.
Yeh I get ya, that was pretty much my outcome when car shopping. I went the subaru turbo route on my last car and while I loved the car,especially in bad weather, the camaro just had something that lured me to it after test driving. When i was looking to buy a new car I weighed all my options and test drove a few different ones. I was hard pressed to find anything that i could compare to the performance I was getting for the price. The top runners was another subaru, challenger, or camaro. So i compared the sti vs the ss vs the srt8. The srt8 i thought looked more true to the original but the price tag, worse fuel system, and worse performance steered me away from it. The sti had better handling, the braking distance is very similar in both cars, but the straight line performance wasnt there for me and honestly i was over with the turbo 4cylinder phase. A mustang could of been a option if i was a ford guy