View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I'm guessing it will be taken on a case by case basis. Professional race = NO. Weekend warrior sometimes and you stayed within driving guidelines = YES. There is a paragraph in the manual that says not to change the PTM system while moving or it will result in damage that is not covered under warranty. It is a warning to use properly.

I believe that based on their marketing and the manual they have an implied warranty for racing. It does not EXPLICITY prohibit racing from what I have seen. Fords does so.

Now if you have NON stock tires and rip out a rear end, I would figure its your dime. You put on a CAI, or anything non stock mechanically, its your dime.

If you put on decals/wraps it surely would hurt your paint warranty!

Just my opinion at this time. So, don't get po'd at my interpretations.
Corvette owners have been saying this since 2002 when the C5 Z06 was introduced. The car even came with a video detailing how to put negative camber in when tracking the car. Along with a few other pointers.

But owners found out quick that if anything broke at the track,it was on their dime,not GM's. Over the past 10 years there have been countless threads over at Corvette Forum where a bone stock car was denied warranty coverage(powertrain).

The simple answer is to read the exclusions section in your warranty booklet.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote