View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Fast forward to the summer of 2013 (shortly after Comic Con). First real issue with the car started to develop: that damn annoying loose baffle in the exhaust system. Not much you can do about that except replace the cat-back system. So I found myself back here on Camaro5 asking all the same repeated questions about which exhaust is better.

After some initial research I got to thinking, "Well, if I'm doing the cat-back, why not get a CAI to go with it?" and then evolved to "If I'm doing the exhaust and CAI, why not do long-tubes too?", and since I'll be getting LT's I'll have to get it tuned, and then...

$4000 later:
Apex Catchcan (thanks Apex)
Kooks 1 7/8" Headers & high-flow cats (thanks Maryland Speed)
Kooks "Sleeper" cat-back exhaust (Maryland Speed)
Cold-Air Inductions CAI (Maryland Speed)
VMAX ported throttle body (Tampa Tuning)
Pfadt sport sways & endlinks (JDP Motorsports)
and a couple Prothane bushings for the front end (steering rack & radius arm insert) (JDP Motorsports)

Only thing I didn't do myself was the Dyno-tune which was done by Rocky Mountain Competitive Research (RMCR) in Colorado Springs. When all was said and done, I was rocking 419 rwhp & 419 ft-lbs:

video (yes, I know it's dirty, but it was February and was only a day or two after a major snowstorm so everything was pretty sloppy outside):
http://s44.photobucket.com/user/dexm...19aba.mp4.html

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build

Last edited by Dexman1349; 05-29-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote