View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
bindu

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
need suggestions with audio upgrade

Hi,

I have 2014 Camaro 1LT. Sound is kind loud but its not good quality. I have 2014 Pathfinder it has Bose. And difference in Bose and Camaro's Non-BA system is like day night. I want to have more quality to music in my Camaro.

I went to bunch of local shops. One said change all speakers, and 5 channel amp and and sub and then amplify all door speakers with amp and add sub in trunk. His estimate is something like 2500$.

Other says leave door speakers as is. Add sub in trunk and then make settings in equalizer to lower bass and also adjust other settings. His estimate for sub and amp was 700$.

But they were not able to demo bose kind of sound quality on their test systems.

Not sure what people are doing to get it going.

Also i saw battery is in trunk and feel like i should install sub and amp myself even thought i have not done anything like it before. Any ideas what kind of wiring and fuse should i use to power up amp? I am thinking of using "JL Audio JX500/1 Sub Amp" which i have laying around with JL 12" sub. if it will solve issue. Also where should i connect remote on wire for sub in 2014 camaro?

Thanks in advance.
bindu is offline   Reply With Quote