View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #28
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReevZL1 View Post
Weapon X taking performance to a whole new level!!! I'm stoked to see this turbo build!!! Once you make it a kit I'll take one please! Seriously send me a PM when its ready.
Sure thing, we do have plans to make this a kit, but there will be a lot of variations as to how complete you want it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwhyte View Post
I am curious how you are going to control IAT with a turbo feeding the supercharger... This has been tried in the past with marginal success
I'll get into that soon; however, my focus in engineering was thermodynamics
and between my engineer David, and myself we've had a lot of killer ideas. The cooling portion of this is up next as well.

I will tell you that we built a rear feed twin turbo kit out of the LSA blower on a gen 2 CTS V (same engine as a gen 5 ZL1). We put a smaller version of what we're doing to test and with no chemical cooling (methanol) and only our custom designed heat exchangers, the IATs at 32psi were under 110* and we only used my Track Attack HX up front and our custom HX inside the milled blower housing. We used smaller turbos for quick spooling and at 32psi if I recall (aka making a lot of heat) it was 1034whp on our Mustang dyno. Later, we added and maximized the mechanical cooling and we can get the IATs near freezing and under 80* at the top of a pull.

I have a few patents pending on various versions of this. What we have on my ZL1 will eclipse that setup by approximately 300%.

Check out a few pics of that TT setup and this ATW hx certainly wasn't designed for 1000+ HP but it's all the room we had, we rolled with it knowing we could mechanically cool it if needed, but were astounded at how efficient the entire setup ended up being:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
when i saw the pic of the trunk cut out i immediately thought of the first fast and the furious when the eclipse floor fell out during the race....LOL
Lord I hope not
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote