View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #325
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Havent posted in forever. Car has been down 2 years plus with sheared axle bolts....Gforce engineering 9" rear setup wiht 1500hp Outlaw axles. Just been busy doing other hobbies.

Car was on the dyno today on really old 305/30 Michelins....road course setup with leaky Forgeliine wheels.

Anyway, the tired ass tires were slipping on the dyno at 650hp as soon as the boost from twins came on. Tuner could not check the integrity of the James Karger tune.

Needing an drag setup anyway. I have cts-V calipers on the front and stock in the back But am running a Pedders Justice road course suspension.

Im happy with 18" welds and what ever the latest greatest drag radial setup is.

Im thinking 18" welds wont need mods with my setup....

My new tuner needs to get traction too the dyno to finish my car.

Its an LSX 427 built by Erik Koenig of Hke Racing with twin PTE 6766 turbos. Original tune was at 1281rwhp on the fresh road course set up many years ago. The tires are cracked and old from sitting. The rears are very low tread and traction due to.....well...duh!

I figured its time to get a go fast in a straight line seup. I will be re sealing the Forgelines and setting up new road course tires. What do you guys recommend for the best , no hassle setup. Liking Welds and M&H or whatever

Buy once cry once. Glad to be almost back... I was number 2 on the HP list many years ago.....on a slipping dyno then lol

Thanks

TR6060 trans btw.

Look who's back...

I always ran 18 Welds... Nice safe way to go with some MT ET Streets.