View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Adam's New Flex System: Detailed Chevy Tahoe

Sooo I got this new toy, some of you may have heard of it - the Flex 3401 VRG. I needed a vehicle to go to town on, I called my mother in law and asked if I could use their Tahoe for a write up.

Products used:

Wash-
Adam's Shampoo
Adam's Foam Gun
Adam's Fender Brush
Adam's Boars Hair Brush
Adam's Lugnut Brush
Adam's Jumbo Wash Pad
Adam's All Purpose Cleaner
Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner
Adam's Detail Spray
Adam's Great White Drying Towel

Polish-
Flex 3401 VRG
Adam's Flat Pad Kit
Adam's Severe Swirl Remover

Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover
Adam's Fine Machine Polish

Trim / Tires-
Adam's In & Out Spray
Adam's Super VRT
Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray

Finish-
Adam's Brilliant Glaze
Adam's Americana

Here's a shot of my new Adam's goodies! Sorry the SSR didn't make the shot:

And now - on to our test subject - Midnight Blue '98 Tahoe, here's the before's:

I started in the usual fashion, All purpose cleaner to clean the tires and fender wells; green wheel cleaner to clean the wheels:

Followed with a thorough foam down:

Post wash you it was easy to tell this Tahoe has been washed with dawn for the last 12 years by the complete lack of beading during the rinse:

After the rinse I clayed the truck (and threw away the clay bar post use):

Now lets inspect the damage:

Prep for a video shoot:

I shot a video during this detail with Dylan on Flex Vs. PC.. (video is experiencing technical difficulties, may be lost forever ) The same process was followed with each machine, SSR+Green, SHR+Orange, FMP+White, the flex knocked out the damage in no time, while the PC achieved great results, It would have taken another pass to achieve the same results the flex had already accomplished. Here is a 50/50 of the Flex vs PC, Flex on the left, PC on the right - control in the middle:

Moving on to the very thirsty trim, SVRT and I&O made quick work of it:

After a coat of Brilliant Glaze, it was topped with a coat of Americana:

Dad and Claire helped with the finishing touches:

Can't finish a detail without a Dylan shot - Family Style:

Conclusion:

The new SSR is a superior compound to other compounds on the market, its has a nice long working time, and finishes really well. Next go around I'm going to attempt SSR to FMP and skip the SHR to see how that combo works.

The Flex 3401 VRG will definitely achieve fantastic results in almost 1/2 the time as the PC especially with the addition of this fantastic SSR to the Adam's line. The Flex is more difficult to operate than a PC and requires more muscle to keep the machine steady due to its forced rotation. Pro's and Con's to everything on the market, but I'm taking this 3401 VRG with me to the Grave!