View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #11
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
I never meant a dealer wouldn't do it, I meant that he shouldn't even bother asking. Any stealer that actually will do it will bend you over backwards on labor and probably frak it up.

And I lied about the price. Apparently you can get the motor for 13k now. The price has come down. However, it's another 1900 for PCM and assorted other shit. So about 15k for the same amount of power you can make out of a heads/cam package that costs less than half that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
i meant the latter, dealers will swap motors. people need to realize that you need to pay to play. you get something like this done you have to pay for repairs. its not like you can expect to have a car customized and get a warranty to go with it.

hennesy isnt a dealer, its a tuner company.
Worst. Idea. Ever. I barely trust dealers to change my oil, much less do a complete motor swap. You really want an LS7? Take your money to someone who's not new at this game. Go to an LSx shop. You might even get some semblance of a warranty from the shop, and these are going to be people who are passionate about cars, not just paid a day's wage for a day's work.