View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #26
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post

Stock ss will run with a stock 08 srt8 even or a head to 60, then your behind the rest if the way.

Including blown ss's and zl1's is silly. You compete with ss for 4 seconds in a straight line. Why do you think it would be the same when the ss. Or zl1 has 150-300 more hp?

Srt8 are great, but good at beating ss's charged are not they are not
I can tell you its a complete driver mod, most people (not just camaro guys, and me included), don't know how to properly launch their manual car. First off remember I have both rigs and I am members of all forums, I'm not shitting on the camaro, and wouldn't have one if I didn't think it was sick. the key element is that if you have a SS, blown SS, ZL1 it doesn't matter, if you can't launch I am going to beat you to a 60 with AWD. And saying yeah well if the SS got the launch correct than it would beat the jeep is dumb, cause more than likely tires are gunna be spinning while the SRT is down the track a bit.

Unfortunately a lot of people can't handle the power of a blown car, even from the factory. And I am in no way saying my NA jeep is faster than a boosted car overall, so don't turn it into that cause that just makes us both look dumb. Anyone who races at high speed on public roads is an idiot anyways in my book. Also yes I compete with a CAR with a 5000lb SUV for 4 or less seconds, so yeah I'd have to say I am happy with that haha.

Gotta not be so sensitive man haha. Calm down, of course a properly launched SS with a perfect launch is faster than a big SUV, and rightfully so it should be with 1k lbs less on it with close hp.

That all being said, hope this spring to add a maggie to the Camaro and really have some fun. Sometimes these forums can be a bad influence
MichiganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote