View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #36
2doorrocket

Drives: Gas Guzzlers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
There are what might be cosiderred automatic warranty violations, usually if it involves a tune your warranty is gone.
That doesn't necessarily equate to being a true statement.
Fact: I had a ZL1 that had issues blowing the dipstick out. This started happening at 800mi. We thought it was fixed. I put headers on it, high flow cats, and a custom tune and ran the snot out of it. It happened again. Warranty wasn't void, Field Engineer sent a copy of the tune back to HQ to validate the tune couldn't be the cause of the ongoing issue. They couldn't determine it, I was asked to return the vehicle to stock, and they would re-flash the PCM and TCM for me and continue to diagnosing the issue, and ultimately replaced all the PCV Valves and the supercharger and it didn't have an issue.

Fact: Mods including a tune don't necessarily void a warranty, however - if determined the mod is at fault, that concern would be an out of pocket expense.

Fact: Currently have a Challenger Hellcat with issues steering, the vehicle had lowering springs on it, and a bump-steer kit. Field Engineer asked me to return the vehicle to stock to eliminate potential issues that might be caused by the suspension. I did that, they looked at the concern, they found the steering rack defective, and they paid to have my springs put back on as good faith.

Fact: I had a 2016 Z06 with a fuel line problem, throwing codes, it had a tune on it and racing headers, high flow cats, and corsa double helix x-pipe. They reflashed my PCM, they continued to diagnose it, they replaced the fuel pumps, and then they also replaced the fuel line. Problem went away.

Your warranty is at no point considered void. They may refuse to work on it until its put back to stock, but most dealerships and field engineers would address the issue after they ask you a few questions.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2016 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

Previous Vehicles:
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat (RIP)
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T 392 Scat Pack Shaker
2013 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Viper GTS Launch Edition
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2013 Dodge Charger SRT