View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #27
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
Yes I am using the kit from Spencers. Yes they have ballasts. Factory plug goes into one side of ballast, bulb plugs into other side. No I did not remove the housing. Yeah it might have been better to remove to see better lol. For the Camaro you need to use the 25watt kit. There were two problems people had with melting. The first problem was they were not using a true 5202 kit. They used different kits that would not plug in correct. They used silicone to seal it and hold it in place. They silicone would melt and shift the bulb into the plastic. This caused the plastic to melt. The other problem was some of the first kits were rushed out and were 35watt kits. I have read people had problems with the heat from the 35watt kit. Spencers was the first place that I know of that came out with a 25watt ballast. (trust me I reseached for months before I ordered them lol). I have been running them for around 5 months now. I have no melting and my lenses have not hazed up at all. I will tell you that they are bright. I think they might be brighter then the hid headlights I installed lol. The reason for this is there is nothing to deflect the beam. So the beam comes straight out of the lenses. The fogs are low so it's really not a problem for other drivers. I think I might have been flashed with highbeams 3 times since I installed them. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
What color did you end up going with? Do you have the RS pkg?

Mine is a non-RS and I ended using the 6000k lights. Just curious what color you used. The 5202 bulbs that came from AAC would probably be fine for the factory 4300k but on 6000k and up they are a little to white.

Thanks for the info though. I might change mine out to the hid fogs some time. Right now the HID are bright enough that the fogs are even being turned on.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote