View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #1481
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Like Robert said the driveshaft bolts are a weak link. That GM definately knows about. DSS can fix that forever.

DSS? Curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
are you working tomorrow, or even Saturday... I have a pt appt this am, and then some install mods on the house... and I guess you'll be on the way to work by thennn, how about Saturday...I'll happily come oveer and we can take a look at it... see what we can figure out... I have an extra set of jackstands so we can get the whole car off the ground...
Yep...working Fri and Sat. I'll swing by Chris's tonight, but minus the Camaro. It was put on a flat bed and taken to Ancira. They called this morning, asked about the problem again to document everything, and hopefully can get to looking at it quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer778 View Post
Hey, doug my car stereo is modded been that way for quite awhile. I wouldnt use dyna mat. I think they are overrated and overpriced. take a look at second skin. I have some you can take a look at and then you can decide from there. anyway hope everything goes well with your car. If you need any help let me know.
Dang...you know, I never listened to your stereo. I'll have to check it out. I'll look at that second skin stuff...see what it's about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I didn't want to hassle with dynamat, so I had a custom rug made for the trunk. The guy outlined my trunk mat as a template and cut a rug the same size (modified for my subwoofer box). Then, he used sound dampening backing material on it. He uses the same stuff when he puts carpet in home theaters. It makes a nice difference in the sound quality and I didn't have to mess around with dynamat.

The guy kept the template because I told him I know some other Camaro owners who might want to have similar rugs made.
I thought about that too....adding something to the back. I could probably just toss something under the....well, hold on... The rear carpet is starting to fray and get messy because of all the work stuff I have back there every day. i suppose....in a bit, I might be able to replace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Agreed. Dynamat is good stuff but overpriced. There are many other equivalent products out there for a lot better cost. But the best alternative - Just buy an amp the size of your trunk - then background noise will be irrelevant.
DUDE! That's exactly what I was thinking!!! Just make the stereo so loud, you CAN'T hear anything else!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote