View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #113
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
I have it from a good source that this is a special "abuse telltale" indicator which was required by Brembo.

Apparently early on when GM wanted to get Brembo to help with the design, there was some resistance because of the notorious way that Camaro drivers like to drive their cars - to the absolute limit. And Brembo did not want to be on the hook for warranty work in the case where the brakes were abused. So part of the deal was for GM to develop a system which would detect any excessive abuse of the braking system.

Now as we all know, GM is hanging by a thread, and well they sort of forgot about this agreement until the last minute. Rather than delay the release of the car and spend all sorts of $$ on development, they came up with this ingenious last-minute fix.

If a hard stop is made from any speed above 140 MPH, the lead weights will melt, thereby indicating abuse of the system.

I have also heard that production has slowed due to a shortage of wheel weights.
You, sir, are an artist and that is a masterpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Should it have been shipped like that? I personally wouldn't have if Brembo was able to ship a replacement part quickly enough and it seems they already have started shipping fixed ones since some of you don't have this problem..[/B]
Have you seen all the people screaming about not having their car, about feeling like they'd have it sooner if none were shipped to Avis first, etc? The buyers would not have taken kindly to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZ 28 View Post
I WORK FOR A GM DEALER AND NOT THAT I LOOK AT EVERY CALIPER BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE. I HAVE SEEN SOME CRAZY THINGS IN THE AFTERMARKET THOUGH.
There's no need to yell. You can turn off your Caps Lock key.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote