View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
What lie would that be? Would it be the one where I said you were going to come on here if I didn't change my GM approved designs for you? Look below in exactly what you quoted from our emails. Just in case you aren't able to find your own veiled threat, I have bolded it in red

You're laughable, man. The only one being dishonest here is you. Take your money and do whatever you want with it; we don't want it. If it's one thing that is absolutely true in business it is that the customer is not always right, and we do not want everyone's business. If you don't like the product that you bought, I'm sorry. You've had no problem with it for a year, and I don't see anyone taking your side here in this public opinion thread. I'm not trying to toot our own horn here, but that design has been approved as a licensed product. We will not change all of our files to satisfy you. It really is that simple. I think our bowties posted above look pretty darn good with what you would call "5"s on them.

Have a nice day.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
If this is "threatening" then I don't know what nice is!!! In our conversations I was only trying to provide customer feedback so they might be able to fix or edit their design because it is not correct. The emblems aren't right...period, but guaranteed I won't buy from them again, especially now.

These are totally unedited, except for the pictures that didn't make it it seems.

Original e-mail:

"Roger, I first want to say that I have ordered a few emblems and they all look great, no issues with quality! I do have to provide some input, if you will, on the "2SS" badges I purchased and put on my car. Since putting them on my car every person that has commented on them(because they look great!) has asked me what "255" is. Now after several of these comments it started to bug me so I looked at the emblems a little closer to try and figure out why they were saying that. I do in fact believe the emblems are a bit "off"(for lack of a better term). Comparing yours to the original SS that comes on the car it seems your "S" is not even on top and bottom of the curl(hope you understand this). To me they do look more like "5's" because of this. Specifically the lower gap in the "S" looks a bit wider than the top gap which is what makes it look like a "5". I began looking for replacement pieces to put there and have settled on the V-Flag from a 1967 Camaro, which I think will look great(already purchased from someone else, mostly due to my light wallet). I have no doubt in your products quality and in no way want anything from you!! I just want you to be aware so you can handle it how you want to. My suggestion would be to somehow equal out those upper and lower gaps in the S's. I was initially going to post in the Camaro5 forums but that didn't seem right, but then again I think it's good for people to know my story if they're thinking of buying those emblems, if they will stay the same.

I appreciate your time and hope this helps!"

Then, my reply to his reply! Again, no threats! He obviously believes or is trying to sell the emblems are correct and anyone can plainly see they are not. The pictures can't be copied and pasted from an e-mail I guess.

Not trying to argue BUT, notice on the picture I am sending, the bottom portion of the S is bigger than the top 2, the top one slightly bigger than the middle, and the middle one slightly smaller than the other 2. On the stock S all the horizontals are almost the exact same size with the middle possibly a touch, and I mean a touch, bigger. IMO the 2SS emblem is off, by quite a bit looking at it again. Maybe it's the silver surround on it but even on the far right S the bottom is wider(top to bottom). I don't have a way to measure the 2SS one, compared to stock, but I really believe it is off quite a bit. Not sure who approved it or why but it's not the same as stock, no way.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Roger Neace <sales@emblempros.com> wrote:

Allen,

The bottom space is indeed larger on the factory piece. As you can see in this image of the factory logo.
In fact ours is a little more evenly spaced than the factory ones are. when GM approved an emblem they approve it for being correct. If it is not correct they will not approve it.
I have been able to tweak them some since you bought yours a year ago, but the one you have is correct.

Anyone that knows these cars knows what it the logo is. The GM fonts are weird sometimes. Here is a only one example: I can give you others if you wish.

This is the "Official" LSA engine logo. I have to make them this way.
The "S" is a backwards "Z". To me it does not look right, but I did not design it.
And I am sure that these car owners get asked why is that a backwards "Z" a lot.
Looks nothing like an "S".