View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 07:46 AM   #49
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
In regards to the Granatelli pro wing...

So, I'm gonna vent a little frustration here... I got my Granatelli pro wing in the mail. I noticed that the wing wasn't "Perfect" as in some of the casting/fiberglass was a little dinged and dented. You could clearly see the lines where the 2 pieces are laminated together. I didn't think nothing of it and since I had been waiting almost 2 months for the spoiler to arrive, I took it to my local paint shop and had it painted satin black. I installed the wing and I was very happy. I loved the new look.

Fast forward about 2 weeks and we had a long week of bad rainy Florida weather. It had just rained all morning the day before, and I go outside and notice that water is puddling up on my trunk and not running down the car like the stock spoiler. I open the trunk so that the water can run off the front and into the cowl and low and behold... The spoiler is full of water, and I mean FULL. As I lifted the trunk all the way up, water starts pouring out of the spoiler. I noticed that the lamination line that I noticed before and didn't pay any mind to, is separating. The dings in the corners were also part of the delamination. Mind you every bolt hole was surrounded with red 3m double sided tape, because I didn't want fluid leaking into the trunk. I immediately removed the spoiler and reinstalled the stock one.

I call Granatelli and speak to Joey Granatelli, I sent him pictures and videos of the spoiler and his response was "Yeah, if you tighten the nuts on the spoiler too much it will delaminate the wing". He made it sound as if countless people have done this already and it was a known issue. BUT, the spoiler didn't come with any instructions, so there was nothing to warn you about overtightening the nuts and ruining your $700 custom spoiler. He also told me that because I had the spoiler painted that "unfortunately since you painted the spoiler, I can't give you a refund or even exchange it for you. Imagine what would happen if I processed an exchange and the guys in the warehouse received a black painted spoiler. That would be unacceptable" So basically I was Shit out of luck.

I find that this was not handled in an acceptable manner. Maybe I am just "seeing red" because of my frustration but I feel like a company as big as them, should have stood behind there product a little more and worked with me on a solution. I ended up throwing the spoiler in the dumpster. Will not be buying any products from them ever again personally. Maybe I'm the idiot for buying a spoiler from a company that specializes in spark plug wires and throttle bodies. I should have spent the money on the ACS wing like I was going to originally. Oh well, live and learn.

end rant...

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote