View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 05:58 AM   #1
Macaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Chevy Dealer couldn't do ZL1 "Track Alignment"

Hello,

So I took my new ZL1 (1700 miles) into the Chevy dealer for it's first service. I had them do two optional things, a brake fluid flush with Motul 600 and a "track alignment" as per the video linked at the bottom from Chevrolet. They hemmed and hawed a bit about me giving them alignment specs but agreed to do it albeit for more $ than a standard alignment. When I picked up they told me that the couldn't quite get to -1.5 degrees and had the fronts at between -1.3 to -1.4 degrees. I don't really care about the difference except that I found it odd that they couldn't get to the spec that Chevy itself put out in the video. When I thought about that I emailed to ask why they couldn't match the specs exactly and the answer I got back was:

"The reason we could only get that front adjustment is because of your front struts. There's a slot that allows an adjustment and we're to the max. Aftermarket places may be able to grind the slot bigger to allow more adjustment or you may need aftermarket struts."

Does this make sense? Have others out there found this to be true with the ZL1?

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/2V1YQVZXzxw
Macaro is offline   Reply With Quote