View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #62
BryanS209

Drives: Bold
BURNS OIL NOT RUBBER!!!

I have a 2014 Camaro with the v6. I took it to the dealer last June at Approx 11K. The dealer performed an oil consumption test where they pull the dipstick every 1,000 miles X 6. The results showed I was burning 1 qt. every 1,000 miles. GM authorized the dealer to replace the PCV valve and valve cover. Was instructed to come in every 1,000 miles X6 for another oil consumption test. I was not happy about another test so I called on the California Bureau of automotive affairs. They told me that they have no jurisdiction over GM and advised me to continue the oil consumption test. He also told me that he still had to go see the dealer since I had contacted them. Ever since the dealer reports that the engine oil consumption is 1/2 qt. every 1,000 miles. Just finished the second oil consumption test and the dealer told me GM considers 1qt. every 2,000 miles normal. How convenient. When I asked the dealer and GM a year ago what is considered acceptable GM told me to ask the dealer and the dealer told me they didn't know. I will never buy a GM again. I have been advised that this issue causes premature O2 sensor failure as well as plugs up the catalytic converters and I have been told this Camaro has 4. I think I will get a rear window sticker that reads Burns Oil Not Rubber!! with a thumbs down to GM and the dealership. I may even seek legal counsel. Maybe do a little research to find out if there is a class action lawsuit against GM.
BryanS209 is offline   Reply With Quote