View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #41
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
Just thought I'd update this if anyone was curious to follow up.

The original issue came back!!!! Clutch pedal wasn't returning properly and at times I had to pull it up with my foot. Clearly a hydraulic issue, even though I kept hearing and thinking that it was just the GM clutch. I ended up spending $50 at Advance for a nicer version of the Mityvac vacuum bleeder and bled a large bottle of fluid through the system. At first it was moving fluid, but not helping the pedal feel. Then I started pumping the pedal like 30 times between each bleed and ended up with a BUNCH of air bubbles. I got bubbles 2-3 times and then just fluid. Clutch pedal is back to normal now, 100%.

So likely, I have an issue with the master, or the machine the shop uses (which uses both positive pressure and vacuum) is introducing air into the system. I more or less paid almost $3k to install a remote bleeder at this point.... I'm trying not to be mad at myself, but I definitely didn't NEED a whole new clutch...
Glad you have it upgraded and bleedable!
i have had the same slow pedal return and mityvac'ed out my fluid and added the motul high temp.
I will need to pump the heck out of it and do it again as I had one soft pedal since the change, same first hard launch of the day timing lately
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote