Thread: Weekend Warrior
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Weekend Warrior

So, I spent a good bit of time on my rig this weekend doing normal maintenance.
  • Double flushed the clutch reservoir (man it was dirty and the clutch was stiff)
  • Emptied my RX Catch Can (looked like English brew)
  • Nubuck'd my steering wheel and shit knob then suede brushed it (so soft and fuzzy again)
  • Washed with Chemical Guys Glossworkz (but I was in too much sun and had water stains everywhere - wash in the cold w/o sun, kids)
  • Polished with Porters Cable DA Polisher using Meguiars 205 and 105 polishes (yes, I had that much damage to my paint somehow, especially on the roof. I didn't have time for the fenders and doors. Next weekend?)
  • Sealed with Chemical Guys JeatSeal 109 (developed for the aerospace industry this stuff bonds with your paint. I didn't have time to do the double application NOR did I wax on top of this yet)
  • VRT'd the tires
  • Vacuumed the interior
  • Cleaned all surfaces with Garry Dean's infinite use detail juice (yeah, I should have used something different)

My back is aching! But the car is looking sweet. Can't wait to do the doors and fenders.

QUESTION: Does anyone know how to care for clear bra? Definitively, can you clay bar it?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote