View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 11:20 AM   #26
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
First of all, here's a recommendation from a different doctor. (BTW, what insurance do you have?)

I'm going to recommend going in a different direction. I changed the wheel and tire setup when the car was a few months old and have been very happy ever since. Daily street driving in my case improved tremendously. I changed wheel size to 20"x 10" and changed tire profile to 35. I went with a square setup of MPSS 285/35-20. This increased the tire diameter by 2" and effectively raised ride height by 1", while my speedometer is roughly off by 7%.

Benefits have been:
Less front scraping and ability to clear parking lot bump stops, minimal tramlining on roadway grooves, far more supple ride, square setup allows for tire rotation and prolonged tire life. Tires now have 18,000 miles and still have 50% treadlife remaining. No issues with tire rubbing.

This will allow retention of your stock suspension which I think is far preferable to modifying the car. You retain your stock 19" rims for later use.
This will help. I run basically the same for the street and go to 19” wheels and 305/30/19s for autocross. The ride is noticeably better with the 20” wheels and 35 series 1le size tires. I can adjust the ride with the Ridetech coilovers as needed, but, the 19” tires are still stiffer still. Going a new set of wheels is the more costly way to go, but maybe the best way.
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote