View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
2ssJB
Software Engineer

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to 2ssJB
USB Port location/relocation

So after seeing many pictures of the location of the usb port and seeing it in person I realized that any usb drive I have will make that little storage space almost useless. So here is a link to one of the smallest usb drives I could find,
Vx Nano 8gb.

I also did a search and found this,
OCZ Technology Thumb Drive
but I couldn't find a link to one for sale.

Or, since I'm a tech junkie with an Electronics Associates, Computer Science Bachelors, A+ and Net+ cert I was thinking about splicing or relocating the usb port to somewhere more concealed to plug in a a 32gb external hard drive. If I can get one to work with the car. As well as I could put a usb hub and would be able to always have the hard drive running and then plug my iphone in and use what's on there at the same time.

Another possibility would be to find an ultra slim male to female usb cable that I could plug in the regular slot and run out of the storage space under the lid.....

Anyone have any other ideas or input on what I have already? I'd greatly appreciate it, as well as if any owner could chime in about the ability to use that space with something plugged in...

TIA...

"Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." M. Gandhi
2ssJB is offline   Reply With Quote