View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
wildpew
pewish bicker

Drives: 2001 Z28 SS convertible
Thumbs up My '01 SS restoration

I decided to fully embrace this project even though it will be a hard road financially. (fixed income sucks) Most of what I need I can scrounge at Pick'n'pull as they are interior related (except the leather buckets). The other things that need doing are my labor and so called skills with my tools. I found some things that are not even installed in their mounting brackets but just thrown together. case in point here is it has green blood where it should be orange and the radiator isn't mounted right plus I noticed a slight leak

This is the 1st vehicle I got my hands on that I didn't first change all the fluids, hoses and belts plus give her a decent tune. I should be slapped. I did get to rack up 187 miles and slightly scare myself so now I will start the process of taking her apart and putting her back together nice and slow and just the way the factory intended as I feel this car is more than enough for my driving skills plus I don't need the hassle with johnny law.

so some time this week she goes up on jack stands and I start in. One thing I did notice is the hood scoop is functional but my GM tech source says they did not leave the factory that way, not that I mind having cold air intake.

I took possession of her on the ninth of March and once I get my pics resized will put some up but my files are way too large right now.
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Best of all, I Retired From Nevada Energy
wildpew is offline   Reply With Quote