View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #2290
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
New turbos eh.. I cant wait to see the final product. I know it has been a long journey.

My journey will begin soon, thats once my car gets delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Went to the shop for a little while today...

We figured out where the catch can for the diff will mount, and I now have the third member mounted in the cradle... We are waiting on some specific metric bolts we need... They should be here Thursday...

They are a 12 mm 1.5 pitch thread 12.9 grade X 65 mm... Not a readily available bolt for sure... We tried Fastenall and another local vendor... to no avail... We could get them but would have to but a box of 50, and it could take a couple of weeks to get them... and we only need 12 of them... My vendor should be able to get them to us by Thursday.... I Love supportive vendors... you know, the ones that stand behind their product and take care of little issues and big ones... This is obviously a little one, and easily resolved....

Not a problem... Tomorrow we will start working on the plumbing for the new turbos, build the catch can for the diff and see where we go from there....We still have to pull of the cold side housing and cut and trim it... then weld the new elbow on and get it ready for clocking it in the new direction we determine to be the best...

We ought to have it together some time next week....

Glen, your diff is waiting for you if you're ready for it...