View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 09:22 PM   #7
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
The only ratio choices they had was the 3:31 on the performance package for the V6 as opposed to the 2:73 that came on mine. And a 3:55 option for the GT as opposed to the standard 3:31.

Some idiot was using his phone to video himself top ending a 2011 Mustang. Just before he hit 135 mph the drive shaft came through is floor board. Seriously who holds a phone to video their speedometer while driving those speeds??? That was when Ford started putting limiters on both the V6 and V8 Mustangs.

But from what I understand, the aluminum drive shaft would actually transfer a little more torque and horse power to the rear wheels, due to it's weight and rigidity. The idea behind the two piece drive shaft was that it would reduce vibration, thereby reducing road noise and giving a smoother ride..

Which is why I was curious about what we have in our Camaros. I didn't know whether or not someone here would have some insight.
Dont remember where I heard it but it was word of mouth on the 4.95 ratio for the mustang being available on the 2015. I took a look and it appears that 4.10 was available on the 15 model.

Def right on the idiot holding his phone while going that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
495:1 ratio.......uhhh.....no
Sorry bout that, I have a tendency of not correcting my typos when on my phone. I have corrected it
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote