View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #11
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poje View Post
I dont know about the driveshaft, but my friend has an ATS 3.6 and its limited to 221km/h, thats 137mph.

I wouldnt be surprised the LTs would be limited to the same.
I can live with that. The only time i ever expect to break 100 is if I take this car to a test and tune. The professional drivers at Road and Track hit 106 in 13.7 seconds with Camaro V6 6 speed transmission. I would like to break 100.

The old WS6 Z 28s and Trans Ams hit 13.5 in the quarter at 107 MPH.
These little V6s are pretty respectable little engines.

After reading up on the drive shaft under my Mustang the test and tune thing concerned me a little. Though my worries were abated when the car hit 93.99 MPH on my best pass. That 2:73 gearing was nice for highway mileage but it sucked for performance. I was wanting to go to 3:55s but to do that it was a good idea to drop another $600 on a once piece aluminum drive shaft for safety. The problem with that was that the people who did that reported more vibration.

I got all the performance I wanted by trading off on my Camaro. The SS would be great fun, but for my retirement car I wanted brand new, and 40K plus just isn't in my budget.

But I digress. Thankyou for your reply. I think I found out what I wanted to know. This forum is very helpful.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote