View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
All LS series motor have the injector before the valve. The gas hitting the valve helps cool it and prevent oil from cooking onto the valve. Over time this results in a build up which interferes with the valve properly sealing.

The newer LT series motor are direct injection. The injector is after the valve. They will eventually get a build up of burnt oil on the valve that will require the removal of the head. This is actually in their service schedule.

Your 2015 LS7 only requires the catch can to prevent the oil from the PCV system from entering the intake manifold and eventually the cylinders. The oil can puddle in the intake and on a hard corner slosh into a cylinder. If enough oil doe this it can result in "hydraulicing" the motor. Fluids do not compress so something has to give with unpleasant results.

This recently happened to a friend of mine in his Z06.

So yes I would recommend running a catch can. I run one on my LS3. Supprising how much it catches.

Good luck
Craig
I would love to see evidence of a LS7 hydrolocking from pcv oil... cause that sounds like the most ludicrous shit I have read in a long time.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote