View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroStrong View Post
Ok, I do have a few questions then. Where did you finally get the extensions from? Did the black paint burn completely of after running them or did you get the coated ones? And how is the heat in the engine bay from running the headers? I'm thinking about wrapping the headers but I want to run them first to heat them up. I like the numbers you were getting! Any tips or advice for the install?
Bought the extensions from TSP

Yes the black paint burns off, I didn't coat them or anything. Figured if they rust ill actually buy a good set as I got these for dirt cheap anyways.

The heat isn't too bad, not much of a difference that I could tell. I could be wrong though, I didn't really pay too much attention before the headers.

Some general tips, make sure you don't break the O2 sensors when you take them off the manifolds. Mine came right out but Iv read on here of people breaking them. Buy a GM manifold gasket, the one that comes with it is junk. I have heard of people reusing theirs but I didn't go that route. If you have access to a lift it would make it a lot easier. If not atleast tall jackstands, the more room the easier it will be. And this sounds obvious but don't drive your car before the install if you can help it. Installed some for another member and he drove to my house. Burnt myself a few times doing his, those exhaust ports are hot and stay hot for a while lol.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote