View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 11:20 PM   #3068
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
On the brakes:
Save the bracket that the ABS bolts to. I took some angle pieces and made a little table and welded it to the car where the filter box goes.

Some tips I got for you is buy nicop (nickle/copper) brake lines, they are so easy to bend and will not corrode. I first used steel ones from O Rielly's, I ended up finding nicop online and also at my local Arnold's. Also I will post a video of some AN fittings and bulk head fittings that I discovered on this video.

If you have some exposed areas the the nicop looks pretty trick too. Also I did buy some nice aluminum brackets for the brake lines. When attaching the brackets a rivet gun is awesome instead of using self taping screws. They show all that in the video and I got all the stuff from Jegs and Summit.

Lastly really sit back and think where you want stuff and what is your pain tolerance on maintenance. At first I had all the time in the world and I had all this stuff in the filter area. Bad part is that I had to take the whole panel off to change a fuse or anything.

I have moved the ABS twice and fuse box twice. If I did it over again I would have done now. I have the ABS in the filter area and my fuse box in the glovebox. I cut each "plug" from the fuse box and passed them thru the passenger side and then soldered them back together in the car. Make sure if you are going to do that really think that you need to do. You will need a new battery cable as the old one will not be long enough now. (can show pictures later). Make sure to label each plug and then do each plug at a time not all at the same time as your labels will fall off and get confused.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote