View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 01:01 AM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Did the 3/16/15 teaser reveal the Gen 6 1/4 mile time?

I crafted the reveal timeline thread earlier tonight, and it got me thinking about the reveal teaser trailer. Overall it starts off with a car revving the LT1 engine up and then taking off. The car is burning rubber and driving hard in the audio file and at around the 18 sec mark it lets off the gas and slows down and gives us a little growl once more.

So I ripped the video from YouTube and threw it in Adobe Premiere and chopped the video from the take off to just before the car lets off the gas.

Now we all know that no one takes their foot off the gas until after they pass the 1/4 mile marker, which I gave 3/4 of a second off the end and can you guess the time I saw for the total time?

That is right: 12 secs.

While this isn't official, nor do I even know if they ran a 1/4 mile in this video/audio. It seems very suspect.

Audio File: https://soundcloud.com/mathew-everet...-14-mile-audio

I honestly feel this is a 1/4 mile run and this might have flown over all our heads. Makes me wonder if GM has been waiting for us to catch it. I say this as I couldn't find any threads breaking this video down.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Sledgehammer70; 09-07-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote