View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #433
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
I went into my local dealer yesterday to talk to a couple friends I have there and after reading this guys posts I wanted to get some direct answers.

I asked them why they had two 2013 ZL1, 4 2013 SS and 2 2013 LTs on the lot and not one corvette????

Their comment, "Because we sell the hell out of the Camaro and the last corvette we got in set here for 6 months before we sent it to another dealer."

Dealers are not going to stock a high dollar inventory item if they do not expect it to move relatively quickly. They will simply take orders for those high dollar, low sales volume items such as vets and keep the Camaros in stock.

Now the reply will be that the ZL1 costs more then the base price vette, that is true but the ZL1s customer base is MUCH larger then the Vettes, someone with a small family can easily get by with the Camaro whereas that's not practical with the vette.

Its simple economics why they keep the Camaros in stock, more people are in that customer base group and they sell faster then Vettes.

Not because the Camaro sales have hit the toilet. They always slow down this time of year historically.

By the way, I thought this guy said he was leaving about 100 posts back, I see he is true to his word, got to love that.
He couldn't leave if he tried, not a strong enough will. Can't just say his piece and be done, has to get the last word. Would never make it somewhere else!