View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
114 is correct, my fault

Unfortunately, he did not write you for a fix-it ticket then. If it was OPD..they don't do much traffic, so I imagine he just made a mistake. Anyway, 316.610 is the faulty or defective equipment. He wrote you for some form of illegal tail lamps then.. It is non-moving, no points.

It will, however, stay on your record for all of law enforcement to see and if they ask if you received a ticket in the 'x' years, the answer is still yes... but it won't show up for insurance companies, won't lose safe driver status, and as long as it is complied within 30 days it cannot suspend your license.

You only have two options then. Pay it or take it to court. You have a 50/50 shot of a win in court. However, if you lose you will pay an additional 50 dollars approximately in court fees. There is always the chance the ofc does not show up... I just know court is a pain in the ass to deal with. Either way, you won't get slapped with any points.
So other then future run-ins with LEO there is no impact to my license or insurance. What will another run-in with a LEO mean, most likely another ticket or more?

Also my impression from the Sgt is he would not show up to court. If I dispute the ticket and he does not show up, is it dismissed right there? Would I need to prove anything?