View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #8
PatrickS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I used to store my Monte Carlo outdoors during the winter months before it had a garage space. Wash the car, get it nice and clean. Remove the battery (this step is annoying in the Camaro since it's in the trunk, and the trunk needs power to open...). Bring the battery inside and put it on a tender.

Put a bottle of fuel stabilizer in at the gas station, fill up completely, and drive home. This allows the stabilizer to mix and get into the fuel lines for storage.

Put dryer sheets around important electronics. This helps repel rodents. Also put a sheet in the center console, glove box, and under each seat. Stuff your exhaust pipes with some steel wool to prevent a critter going in there. I like to put steel wool in a little pouch, then put the pouch with a string in the exhaust pipe so it's easy to pull out in the spring.

If you have moisture absorbing packets, put those in the cabin.

Then just buy a good outdoor cover (I like the Covercraft NOAH cover). Wrap the car up and just leave it alone until the spring.

In the spring, remove everything, do an oil change, drive carefully that first tank of gas, and enjoy the car!

Thanks!! That sounds like some great advice!
PatrickS is offline   Reply With Quote