View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #64
Dblock5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I too have had the timing chain issue. I took my Camaro to my local GM dealer to see what they could do about it. I mentioned that there was a bulletin out there for this issue and they said yeah there is a extended warranty for the chains. I asked them how they were gonna go on about this and they said that they first had to open the engine up to properly diagnose the problem and that it would cost me about $1000 in labour to do so. Then once they got sight of the problem, they would go on and fix it. That would have cost me another $2000 to fix and put everything back together. So I asked "wouldn't warranty just cover it instead of me paying?" and they said that they would have to collect all the oil change invoices that the car has gotten and send it into GM Canada, then they would determine if its covered under warranty or not. This process would've been 1-2 months long. So I said no way. I bought and collected all the parts and instructions that I needed over time. Timing Chain Kit, Oil Pump, all timing chain guides, new radiator hoses, new coolant, new oil and oil filter. My dad and I did the timing chains over a weekend, and the process couldn't have gone better. My Camaro now seems like it runs better than the day that it rolled off the lot.