View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Looking at your mod list the BIGGEST BANG for the BUCK mods are missing. NONE of your suspension mods will operate at a high level until you install sub-frame inserts or full sub-frame bushes. Rear end step caused by the rear sub-frame twisting in the OE Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) voids is allowing dynamic changes to the rear alignment in full degrees. Your car is aligned to at minimum tenths of a degree. The rear end is steering your car. When you lowered your car, you put more load on those NVH voided bushes. When you increased RWHP you put more load on those NVH voided bushes.

Rob from Wretched can help you assemble a complete setup plan using the parts you already have to prioritise those you plan to add and in what order. If he doesn't start by addressing sub-frame bushes I'll have to send my buddy Guido from the Southside out to hit him upside the head with his Pedders setup manual

Seriously, PM Rob your phone number so he can discuss this with you in detail. You'll get a lot more bang for the buck consulting with him.
I know they are important. I was just avoiding them because they are more of an involved installation (from looking at it under the car maybe im wrong)

I was also under the impression that lowering the car 1 inch would actually help the launch somewhat and be a good all around mod and also improves the look. Am I off base here?

Lastly...I was concerned with noise and vibrations etc when changing out such a component.

thanks a lot for the advice, I am open to all suggestions.

sounds like the bushings should be my next step.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 01-15-2011 at 12:59 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote