View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #60
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Disagree strongly. In my scenario the pic did absolutely have something to do with the topic - it had the wheel that the poster wanted to know about in it. Not just the girl. You can substitute the girl with the words "F%&$ING AWESOME RIMS!" pasted right under the wheel, for a different example that has the same impact.

I will grant that is an extreme example, but extreme examples are useful because they illustrate points more easily. You would know that you should use a different pic that didn't show the half-naked girl or the f-word, and that's the entire point. I feel you choose not to see it rather than it being an invalid point.

For the record in the past I have mentioned to a couple people that they are pushing it too far and to re-consider their posts here that went over the line. I was told that I was worried about nothing. Those folks ruined it, not Tran.
Oh I don't think Tran ruined anything. I don't blame him at all.

But I disagree with your point, because your scenario was a person asking questions about a wheel. For me personally, if I'm asking a question, or showing everyone this cool wheel I saw, nothing prompts me to find a picture of said wheel that is accompanied by a girl at all. Maybe that's just me, but I kind of doubt it. I don't feel because of judgment, but because the focus is on the wheel, not on the G-string.

Now if your scenario was a person posting pics that were like "oh em gee check out this awesome wheel", then I could see your point. But even then, most people still post just the wheel. A topic about "hot chicks and cars" however, is focused on both things equally. And those were already directed to be in the OT section.

Maybe we're both just making assumptions on the opposite ends of the middle.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia