View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #61
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Oh I don't think Tran ruined anything. I don't blame him at all.

But I disagree with your point, because your scenario was a person asking questions about a wheel. For me personally, if I'm asking a question, or showing everyone this cool wheel I saw, nothing prompts me to find a picture of said wheel that is accompanied by a girl at all. Maybe that's just me, but I kind of doubt it. I don't feel because of judgment, but because the focus is on the wheel, not on the G-string.

Now if your scenario was a person posting pics that were like "oh em gee check out this awesome wheel", then I could see your point. But even then, most people still post just the wheel. A topic about "hot chicks and cars" however, is focused on both things equally. And those were already directed to be in the OT section.

Maybe we're both just making assumptions on the opposite ends of the middle.

The reason why the pic was posted is not the point, it wasn't done. The point is that we can say with a fair amount of certainty that regardless of precise reason, we as a group have not posted the pic I describe in that forum- because we haven't, not that I guess we haven't. I think we can both agree with the point that e haven't done it. I don't feel that it's a stretch to feel that some type of judgment was at work, when we didn't, which is to say: always.

The OT forum is not where that pic was OK by the rules to begin with. That rule was always in place, it was just not enforced in OT. The OT forum is part of the C5 site and the rules apply to it all. We just don't like that the rules are now being applied equally.

To me, any argument that ignores the fact that we all really knew NSFW was never OK here in OT is just rationalization of behavior. It was tolerated, wink wink nudge nudge. And yeah, I liked those threads too. We poked the bear too often. I cannot say it's unfair.