View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 11:52 AM   #9
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by therigwelder View Post
okay, i have done a lot of research and investigating today. i have found the clicking noises i am hearing are coming from the tps. this happens whenever a door, trunk, hood is opened or closed and KO. apparently it is a common problem with camaros. i don't think the problem is the TPS because i still have the no click no crank condition. I pulled the starter and it tested good, the battery is fully charged with new terminals, Every fuse under the hood, in the trunk and inside the car are good. I pulled the starter relay and tried to jump out #30 and #87 ports.#30 had power but when i jumped into #87 i got a small spark and nothing else(i think there is resistance there) the starter should have engaged. I have a starting charging schematic only so I don't know how the BCM interacts with the ECM on the IGN side. I am also trying to figure why the alternator has a wire going to the starter solenoid as well as how the TPS ties into all this mess, the only conclusion seems to point to the ecm. the previous owner told me that he got stuck and it started making a tapping sound and the car shut off and never restarted.I am thinking as the PO was getting unstuck he revved the car up to high rpms and the tapping he heard was the tps.is there a rev limiter on these cars?
Here is some good info on the rev limiters, and yes they have it set from the factory, unless it has been tuned differently.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305623