View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #7753
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Seems to me we are at a high point in terms of car enthusiasm. We have available to us a number of choices of Domestic 3 cars offering from 310 hp up to 800 hp. Buy it and drive it off the lot. When has that ever been true? The fact that sales of these cars is slowing rapidly has less to do with what the manufacturers are offering than it has to do with the number of and saturation of people really asking for them. If you build it they well come…maybe…for a little while. The fact that these days appear to be coming to an abrupt end seems to concern many. Especially those completely hating on what may be coming next, even though most really don’t have a clue what’s coming next.
I don't want to damper or ruin your enthusiasm. If you are excited about the future prospects with Chevrolet and GM then that is good. However, when I share my opinion I cannot help but to be totally honest. My opinion as of right now is that GM and Chevrolet's line-up leaves much to be desired. Currently I cannot think of any car save the current Camaro and Corvette that offers any level of excitement or enthusiasm. I do not see the level of excitement into the design of GM's current cars even compared with the cars from a scant 11 years ago. I won't bother to compare the current Chevrolets to decades past, because IMO it would show a much drastic decline from deftness in design, enthusiastic handling of colors, etc. The company has improved with reliability, technology and build quality (in all honesty). Its just that the designs do not go far enough to entice a car enthusiast, such as myself, to drop everything and head to a Chevy dealership. In fact, with my last Chevy purchase I decided to buy an older version of a model instead of the current version, for some of the reasons I've described.

As far as the EVs are concerned, I will hold on my judgment until I can see how they are received by the buying public. I have great concern, as with the other offerings, with GM's proposal for EVs as well.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote