View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #105
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmerk View Post
Ah, I didn't realize that harness would have wires for lock, unlock, tach, etc, since there doesn't seem to be a need for them in stand-alone mode.

As for the brake line at the BCM - I know the DBALL2 won't have a brake output when the car is off, but I assumed the brake wire at the BCM wouldn't be energized, either. Did you happen to test the DBALL2 brake output? Maybe it does work in your car? I will test on mine, since I don't really want to add a second switch to the brake pedal, or swap the power to the switch so it's always on.

Thanks again!
I'm pretty sure this is right, but it's been a while since I've done this. I think the 10 Plug on the DBALL2 might be connected using the pigtail connector that came with the bypass but I can't remember. You can easily tell what you need once you see the harness and the dball2 together.

The DBALL2 and the BCM are always energized. So even when the car is off, it outputs a brake signal when you press the brake for things the like the brake lights. My problem was that when I tried using the brake signal from the fortin bypass before switching to this one, I was having intermittent problems, so I tapped it directly. Considering the other problems with the fortin bypass, it probably works on the DBALL2. But since I already tapped the BCM, I just went with it.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote