View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Front Lower Control Arm OE Bush Problems or Not

There have been a number of threads and posts in the last two weeks suggesting that the front LCA bush was a problematic bush, too weak for any type of performance driving and in dire need of replacement. Reading the posts motivated me to walk into the shop and cut a 5th Gen LCA bush in half to graphically tell a story of control and stability. Take a close look.

GM used a shaped ferule to increase bush stability. The ferule operates in a thin layer of rubber encased in a steel jacket. The bush rubber is bonded to both the ferule and the jacket making it exceptionally strong. This is an excellent bush design as it provides superior control and stability. When Pedders performs our evaluation of a chassis we look for the things that the OEM has done well and for things that can be improved on. The front LCA bush is good to go out of the box.

Before I hit the post button I know that this thread will reinforce my image of as a GM Fan Boy. Pedders has nothing to sell in this thread. It is informational for the Camaro5 community. The engineering behind the ZETA based 5th Gen Camaro is outstanding as is reflected in the Front Lower Control Arm Bushing. Well done Camaro Engineering TEAM!!!!

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote