View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #78
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
So I got the shifter in...took 4-5 hrs. It would be nice if the m6x1 bolts that Hurst supplies are a little longer. If you dont get them right the first time they are too short to use, even after you tap the hole. The two biggest pains are the little screws in the retainer plate and getting the dust boot back on...a lift would be the best way to do this job !!!

Anyway, the shifter is shorter, tighter and stiffer than stock, but not as smooth as I found myself looking for gears, and it takes a bit more force to get it into gear. There is definately an audible noise when you shift into gear and you can "feel" the gears more so than stock.

Gotta be careful shifting from 5-6, as it wants to go back to 4th. No problem going from 5 or 6 into 3rd though. Hopefully it loosens up a bit over time.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

Last edited by meSSohappy; 04-29-2013 at 01:05 AM.
meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote